Saturday, April 20, 2013

What A Week


Let's see:


  • The Boston bombing, the arrest, the non-arrest, the arrest again, the "journalism" from both CNN and New York Post
  • The fertilizer plant explosion
  • The ricin-laced letters
  • The Gosnell trial (and the liberal bias that's not covering it)
  • The gun bill is blocked
  • Another rape in India
  • Human-to-human transmission of the H7N9 avian flu  

And Kim Jong-un wants to know, "Why isn't anyone talking about me?"

I'm happy this emotionally exhausting week is over and I can take a break by going out for a happy hour girl's night with my two best friends, TallBlonde and WallStreetGal.  We always get a lot of male attention when we're out together especially since we go to places that are frequented by younger (mostly single) people, we dress up and we look like we're fun, because we are.  But also being in a group also keeps guys from approaching us since we're not man-hunting but out to spend time with each other.  

TallBlonde is in a relationship so she isn't particularly chatty with any of the guys but WallStreetGal goes between "actively looking", "depressed at the quality of guys out there" and "oh, I met a guy!" so it's always an interesting night of cute-boy-watching. 

I'm heading home to get a short workout in before going out and think about strength training which I hate doing, but know I should do, or yoga, which I will probably up doing.  

We're going to Employees Only, which has a good mix of people at tables and a bar crowd, with good food and interesting drinks.  After this week, I could really use a drink to unwind.