Friday, April 19, 2013

A Little About Me

First, before I am denounced as a fraud, I want to say that the photo in my profile is not of me.  (Edit: I will add one later hidden in my posts for people who are actual readers).

I wanted to have a photo in my profile instead of the cartoony head but didn't want to use an actual depiction.  I looked up some corset photos on the internet to use as a generic image, thinking I'd replace it later when I had a photo I liked.  I was browsing and came across a La Perla advertisement of a woman that was simple and elegant (the way I hope other see me...) and I love their lingerie, although it's too expensive for me to have more than a few pieces given as gifts.  Maybe I should set up an Amazon wishlist for you FinSubs out there!  Just kidding.  On second thought, I just had a birthday, so pony up.

This isn't my main photo on a dating site so I don't feel people should feel deceived but I wanted to come clean that I don't look like a fashion model in a national underwear ad.  I do, however, have dark hair and delicate features.  I tan easily, I'm tall-ish, thin-ish and men often tell me I'm pretty.  I also work really, really hard at yoga and pilates to have the arms of a much younger woman.   

Second, I titled this blog the amateur dominatrix although I think the term dominatrix is an outdated term, used predominantly (or only?) by women who are professional dominants providing a service to paying clients.  I wanted to quickly express the idea of a "dominant woman" in the BDSM sense, not just a strong, confident woman who likes to be in control - although I'm that, too.  I've been to a dungeon but it's never been work.  I don't consider myself an alpha-female. I don't compete with men to "assert" myself and I don't cougar.  (Is that even a verb?  What I mean is that I enjoy being sexually aggressive and I do like younger men but I don't date them exclusively and not in some token way).

I'm also a single woman in my thirties, dating in New York, which has its own stories, some of which I'll share with you.