Wednesday, May 8, 2013

What's the 'Boy' Like?

Even thought I know that hardly anyone is reading this, I still feel like I'm behind in my beautiful BDSM life chronicling journal. So, as a follow up to the last post about online dating profile advice, I'm inspired to talk about my current "boy" (seems to be the term du jour).   This is relevant because for every person I've heard complaining about being single in New York, I've heard at least two love success stories that end in marriage or a serious commitment.  

We'll call him West Village.  He's a little younger, so adorable, so sexy, and has the body of an underwear model.  He's tan and hairless (which I don't like to admit that I like), speaks multiple languages, plays guitar. 

We went to Brazil in the winter (which was their summer) and I got some sexy photos of us on the beach.  My favorite became my screen shot and contact photo which would come up whenever he calls or texts.  He has equally incriminating photos of me in some pieces of neon-colored floss that were strategically and artistically placed.   

My friends and I were out once without him and a friend who doesn't come out often was there and saw my phone displaying my new boyfriend.  She's a bit of a homebody and always has to be home by midnight even she doesn't have to get up early the next day.  We'll call her Party Pooper.

"Is he a model"? 

Party Pooper asks in a dismissive tone.  Because he did look like could one of these Abercrombie models - blond, blue eyed, maybe he was a rower in college.

"No, he's not a model."

"Is he your personal trainer?  He looks like a douche." 

NYU Prof comments with his usual snark.  Now, I started to feel a little defensive and wanted to tell these over-educated, under-employed friends to stop being such elitists.

I said to both of them, "No, he's not a model or a personal trainer.  He's doctor.  He's doing the Pediatric Neuro-Oncology Fellowship, so he cures brain cancer in little kids.    So... you can just fuck the up."  I felt smug and I liked it. 

Despite being the type of person who would do medicine, I didn't often see alpha-male tendencies (or other negative behavior) and we got along splendidly.  Schedules were complicated since there were times when he'd do overnight shifts for two weeks but since I freelance, we would often meet for breakfast or cook breakfast and "nap".  Sometimes, I'd work at his place while he slept during the day.  

I have a beautiful photo of him but want to make sure it's in good judgement to post here.  If not, you will just have your imagination. Or gay men can submit their photos and I'll put up the nicest one as his proxy ? Think of the bragging rights alone!